Thursday, March 14, 2013

You all said it could be done!

From time to time I have been classified as a "Picky Eater." From the wording of this first sentence, I hope you can read into my personal skepticism as to whether or not, I truly am a "Picky Eater." To be honest, I just feel like my tastes are specific, to basically, how can I say this...hmmm... ONLY GOOD THINGS!

Ever since I can remember there have been select things that I will not put into my body.  They are in the list below.

YUCK!
  • HAM - in all of it's forms  (Thank you PULP FICTION)
  • Seafood - in all of it's forms
  • Duck
  • Venison
  • (all other forms of MEAT other than Chicken or Beef)
  • Mushrooms
  • Avocados
  • Eggs
  • Mayonnaise
  • Sour Cream
  • Yogurt
  • Potato Salad (as it consists of so many gross things all together)
  • Bananas
  • Anything Curry

Slowly but surely, thanks to my sugar, I have "grown up" in my abilities to eat some of the "yuck" items. He is quite proud of me. And frankly, so am I. GO me!!!

Not so YUCK anymore.
  • Pepperoni and sausage  (form of ham) - Not bad on a pizza.
  • Avocado - I love it on salads, sandwiches, wraps, & even just by itself with some seasoning. Who knew?
  • Eggs - They must be covered in salsa.
  • Mashed Potatoes with Sour Cream - They must be completely mixed in so I don't think about it being in there.

This last one is what spurred my desire to write this blog today...
    Jillian Michaels 'Yoga Meltdown' DVD
  • Bananas! After getting my butt kicked on Stupid JILLIAN MICHAEL's Yoga Meltdown, I made myself a smoothie. I have been on a smoothie kick lately, (trying to be better/cleaner eater) and I actually put a BANANA in it. And can you believe it, I didn't gag, have a seizure, or even die. The proof is that I am writing this blog, right now as I am drinking the smoothie.
So I just have a few people to thank for the support they have given me through the years. They always said, "Just try it. You might like it. Argh, just freaking pick them out. You can't even taste it. It won't kill to put it in your mouth. You are so annoying!" They may have even rolled their eyes at me when I refused to eat it, scoffed out how ridiculous I am for being a "grown up" but acting like a child, or even talked trash about me behind my back. It's okay. They knew I could do it. And I did.  I ate a banana!

From the bottom of my heart, thank you to my sugar, Scott Westra, best friend, Sara Owens, mother-in-law, Joy Westra, sister-in-law, Allison Barnes, and so many others. I truly appreciate your support!



Now I just need to work on getting some YOGURT into the mix. Baby steps.

No comments:

Post a Comment