Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Afton is our Juliet - Gnomeo and Juliet 4th Birthday

Last year I asked my girl what kind of birthday party she wanted. Her response was, "Something that is pretty. And of course, red and blue, since those are my favorite colors." We had just watched Gnomeo and Juliet a few weeks earlier with Grandma Jones so ideas began to pop in my head. It was perfect. That was what her 3rd birthday party would be. While I was writing addresses on invitations, I had one of those moments... like "AAAAHHHHHH!" Not the AAAAAAAAAAAHHHH that is a scream, but more like an epiphany kind where "angels" sing. I had to change my girls plans for her birthday party because it was only once in her life where we could party under this motto... "Help AFTON get her THREE ON in NEON!" 




SO, needles to say, I saved all of the gnome decorations that I ordered at Oriental Trading until this year. And I think it was a hit.

Aunt Cindy Made the cute invites!!!!


 Red Tulip Garden with raspberries, strawberries, Caprese salad, white chocolate raspberry torte, red velvet  "mushroom styled" cupcakes
 
 

 


Blue Hydrangea Garden had blueberries, blackberries, Nordstrom inspired Berry Salad, and Blue White Vanilla "mushroom styled" cupcakes.

  


Entry way to our house!
 
Party Favors
 Red Pansy grow kit, Mushroom case filled with red and blue candy, mini mushroom erasers, Red and Blue "GNOME" hats
 

     
Watching "Gnomeo & Juliet" as guests arrive


Lawn Mower Races! 
 
      Red Garden Vs. Blue Garden

 My old student kicking my butt! Go Clark!
 
So many presents! "You guys, I really have a lot of friends, huh? And a great family!"
 
 
Jack Playing with Archer during presents...
Archer pinched him...
Jack wishing he paid more attention to sister opening presents :)
 

So gross that my 4 year old is TOTALLY PICKING HER NOSE!!!!!
 
 
We love you so much Afton Joy! We hope you had a memorable birthday party and that you always remember how much you are Truly loved! We could not have asked for a better baby girl! You are sweet, sassy, hilarious, kind, and OURS!
Thanks for making these last 4 years wonderful! Here is to many more.


2 comments:

  1. I LOVE the lawn mower race idea. SO cute! And Afton and Jack's outfits for the party couldn't be more perfect. I wish we lived closer. Glad she had a great day!

    ReplyDelete