Sunday, March 10, 2013

I Love to See the Temple!

Afton:  Mommy, Why don't we go to the temple tonight for dinner? At church they were talking about going to the temple.
me:   Afton, in your Sunbeams class, I was your teacher today and we didn't talk about the temple. What did we talk about?
Afton:  We talked about water. Duh. I remember. But in Sacrament, they were talking about going to the temple. I was listening while I was playing with my dolls.
me:  (Shocked!!!!!) Ok, let's go have a picnic at the temple tonight.
Jack: Yeah! Right now!


I Love to See the Temple 

 
 
I love to see the temple.
I’m going there someday
To feel the Holy Spirit,
To listen and to pray.
For the temple is a house of God,
A place of love and beauty.
I’ll prepare myself while I am young;
This is my sacred duty.





I love to see the temple.
I’ll go inside someday.
I’ll cov’nant with my Father;
I’ll promise to obey.
For the temple is a holy place
Where we are sealed together.
As a child of God, I’ve learned this truth:


 
A fam’ly is forever.
(INSERT PICTURE of  DADDY)


Words and music: Janice Kapp Perry, b. 1938
© 1980 by Janice Kapp Perry. This song may be copied for incidental, noncommercial church or home use.

Doctrine and Covenants 124:39–41

No comments:

Post a Comment