Monday, June 8, 2015

Afton's Way to Spell Bouquet

It's the first day of summer and we have already gone on a bike ride, played out front, jumped on the trampoline, completed our math, reading, and writing activities for the day, read books, watched an episode of The Electric Company and played with Play-Doh. 




I'm freaking exhausted but Afton and Jack are going strong.

Afton remembered that I bought a few things at the dollar store for an activity,  and she says,  "Mom, let's make those bouquets. And guess what! I know how to spell bouquet. It's spelled B-O-O-K. Just like how it sounds BOO - K."

Strainer - Plastic flowers - WIRE cutters (These are a must!) 
Great activity for fine motor skills and creativity.


I smiled because that really does make sense but I explained the proper way. She thought I was nuts. "Alright whatever Mom, but let's get started on these things. Sister Linke is going to love them"

"I think it looks great. Now can I go play with my dragons?"

She was right. Sister Linke did love them.


Crossed a few things off of our Summer Bucket List and brightened someone's day at the same time.





No comments:

Post a Comment