Sunday, May 31, 2015

The Graduate

My boy. 
 
He could possibly be the cutest little boy in the world.  He is sweet, sincere, smart, silly, and he holds a special place in my heart.
 
 
I get sad that he is officially done with preschool because that means he leaves me next year for kindergarten. I had a hard time with Afton,  and I don't imagine it get any easier when it comes to my sweet boy.
 
Song - "You Gotta Be"
 
But,  anyway,  I'm rambling. 
 
So, as I mentioned earlier, Jack graduated from preschool.  He spent the entire year answering my question of "What did you do in school today?" with not great responses. He would always say "We didn't do anything in school today." Or,  "I didn't learn anything mom.  I never do." Or I liked this one,  "I only remember what I did in sports class,  never in preschool."
 
 
I never heard of anything that he did in class, never sang songs for me, never shared. 
 
Ever! 
 
But, I did see him grow so much.  He learned his letters, their sounds, his numbers, shapes, patterns, addition, and how to problem solve. I only know this because he would complete his homework every week without any struggle.  He knew the material. 
 
He also learned valuable life lessons like how to stick up for himself and how to be a good friend.
 
I secretly hope that he had that foundation from the things I tried to teach him every day, (literally every day) since I  was an official stay at home mom.  But, really, all the credit goes to Ms. Bahati.  Jack loved her, and she adored him. 
 
 
He won her over, and his classmates really loved him too. They voted for him to be the flag holder during the graduation because he is the "most responsible and respectful."
 
Can't you tell?
 
Ahhhh.  Melt my heart. 
 
His buddy
 
  The walk
The Diploma
 The playing with the diploma
The ceremonial cap toss
The cake pop reward from Grandma Jones
The proud mom
 
He has a bright future, this handsome boy of mine. 
  
   
So thankful for this woman! 
 
I must mention that Jack was lucky enough to have both his Grandmas and Grandpa in attendance. Somehow I missed getting a picture of that, and I am quite mad at myself for it. We are glad to have had them there on his special day.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment