Thursday, June 11, 2015

"So, we're roasting our sentences?"

"Mom,  what in the crap are you doing? You just bought those pool noodles and you are cutting them up? What's wrong with you? And the sticks?  What are we doing?  Roasting marshmallows?"

I explain.

She says confused, "So, we're roasting our sentences? This should be interesting."

I used simple words that Jack could sound out and his sight words we've been practicing. 
Afton was able to explain what nouns, verbs, and details are very well Jack. He knew the punctuation already. "Ms. Bahati taught me those."
Afton added a little more to her sentence so it wouldn't all fit.
Jack built this whole sentence and read it too. 
Afton was proud of this silly sentence. 

At the end Jack said, "I thought I heard marshmallows. So, let's get going on that part of this activity. "

No comments:

Post a Comment