Thursday, June 12, 2014

Fun with Cousins

During my bed rest, I had to rely on many people to help me out with lots of things, well EVERYTHING. One of them being raising my children. My sister in law Stephanie was one of those generous people. Just about every week for 6 months, she took my children and I am truly thankful. So when she asked me for a favor, I was happy to return the kindness.

We got to play with James, Andrew, and Brooke for three whole days while she went out of town and my brother was at work. It was overwhelming at first to think of how I would keep all 6 kids, ages 9 and under ALL happy, occupied, and alive. But I am happy to report, we ALL survived!

Here's some stuff we did.
We love these beads from IKEA.
Colored
Snuggled (and fought over) Jocelyn
We watched 4 movies. Mr. Peabody and Sherman, Harry Potter, Lego Movie, and The Princess Bride.
Played at the park
Swam
Created their own Lego Men...
To be placed on their own "Lego Scene " boxes. 
Their Lego story was about three cousins who played at the park with their puppies and ate lots of ice cream. 
Afton was inspired to read a chapter book like her cousins do. 
(I was thrilled as she made up a story as she turned the pages about a princess.)
 I busted out the teacher manipulatives!
 Building fine motor skills
 Discussing measurement
My girl went 3D with a cube.
 Then James was inspired to build a sword and THOR hammer.
Solar System Puzzle
 Roll the Dice to create a unique Lego man
Created Marshmallow Shooters

All in all, I think they had a good time. I know my kids loved having their cousins over to play!

No comments:

Post a Comment