Thursday, May 2, 2013

Quotes April 2013

Such a fun month. Read and see for yourself.

Day 1
Afton singing Taylor Swifts new song 22: "It feels like a perfect night to dress up like HAMSTERS
And make fun of our exes, uh uh uh uh."
Day 2
Jack - "Oooooooh. That's just stupid. He needs hot sauce mom. (2 minutes later, upset about the show) Argh! That's so stupid! (Looks at me) Oh, I don't need hot sauce. Just that guy!"
Day 3
Jack - "Mom, give me some money! Now."
Day 4
Jack - "I love you mommy," followed by a kiss on the cheek!
Day 5
Afton- "Mom, I want to take you on a date. You look like you have been missing daddy. So

how about dinner, dancing, and a movie? I'll go grab my piggy bank."
Jack - "OK. I'll give you a kiss and a dance."
Day 6
#1 
Jack @ Home Depot- " I can handle any hammer. I am a worker."
Afton - "Yeah, well... I'm still bigger than you, so... (She was visibly frustrated that she had literally nothing to say back to him that could hurt his feelings. She accepted defeat. Sibling love)"
#2
While playing at the park with some friends and new little boy who was lurking, I walk up to hear her say to him in a rather sassy and meaningful tone,
 "I don't like your attitude!"
 Ahhhh. So it begins.
#3
Jack: "Mom I had a lot of fun at that old lady party tonight. You looked like you were having fun too doing old lady things. I had fun doing big boy things outside with sister and all my new friends. When is your next old lady party?"
Day 7
Afton - "Oh mom, we're going to watch a movie? Ahhhhh, how thoughtful of you."
Day 8
Jack - "Mom, Taylor Swift said a bad word. You should turned this off."
(turned it off)
Afton- "Argh brother, I hate the radio."
Jack - "Moooooom, Afton said the same bad word as Taylor Swift."
Day 9
Walking through the parking lot at Smith's and an old truck drives by blasting some tunes and Afton turns to me and says, "That's Tom Petty mom." Made Daddy proud to hear that story.
Day 10
Jack: "Ah cool mom. That disciple can fly. Look at his sweet cape."
Day 11
Afton while listening to Taylor Swift: "Mom, Taylor Swift just said get the hell out. I know that she really is a good person, so we should forgive her. I'll be a good example for her not to say naughty words. I'm sure she can learn from me."
Day 12
Afton & Jack - "Daddy's home!!!!!!!" Racing to the garage door to attack him. They're so glad when Daddy comes home, glad as they could be.
Day 13
me - "What was your favorite part of James' baptism?"
Afton - "I like when he was in the water, I want to do that when I am eight. But I just hope that daddy doesn't drown me."
Jack - "My favorite part was the guns!"

Day 14
Afton - "Jack, I know you will be busy in nursery next week, but maybe you can come hear my talk in primary. It's my first one and it's kind of a big deal."
Jack- "OK sister."
Afton- "I am so excited!"


Day 15
Jack - "Can we please go feed the turtles? PLEEEEEEEAAAAASSSSSE?"
Day 16
me-  "Did you know your real name is John?"
Jack confused and angry - "What? My name is Jack. I HATE JOHN!"
Afton - "Told you mom. How come you don't even know your son's name?"
Day 17
Me - "What are you doing Jack?"
Jack -"Just pooping in the corner!" At Nordstrom
Day 18
Jack- "When will we see Daddy, again? I just miss him." 10 minutes after Daddy had just left for the day.
Day 19
Afton - "So Daddy, you are done with school. We get to play with you for 2 whole weeks, right?"
Jack - "Ahhhhhh YES! Woooo hooooo. Hay do hate!" (Not sure what this last phrase means, but he says it frequently when he is excited.)
Day 20
Afton - "I want donuts."
me - "Me too girl. Me too. I always do."
Day 21 @ church in primary:
"Do we have any visitors?"
Afton- "Yes, my grandma is visiting because I am giving a talk today." She was so proud.
Day 22
Afton - "So if we are going to California tomorrow, does that mean I will get to be in Jason and Yvonne's wedding again? I am the best flower girl. I promise you."
She really was pretty good for only being 2!


Day 23
#1


Afton - "Let's go to California!" Up, dressed, and ready to go at 6:15.


#2
me- "Are you poopy Jack?"
Jack - "No I'm just tooting."
Day 24 (first Day at Disneyland)
#1
Jack - "Tangled has nappy hair! And, she is realllllly big. She's so small on the TV, but today I saw her. and she is REALLLLLLLY big!"
#2
Jack - After riding Astro Buster - Buzz Lightyear's ride - "I shot all the bad guys, like boom. Boom. Boom. Done. I win!"
#3
Afton on Splash Mountain- "Hold me real tight mom. This ride is only for big girls like me, but I still get a little nervous. It's okay if you need to scream mom. I promise you. It's okay." 

Day 25
Jack - "Are we going to go in the hot tub? That is my favorite part of Disneyland."
Day 26
#1
Afton - "Can we please go on Star Tours? I love it! I promise the glass won't shatter on you. It will just look like it. Don't be scared mommy."
#2
Jack - "Her little brothers were still the naughty bears."
#3
As we waited in line for while to meet the princesses, Afton made a little friend. They shared their names with one another, and clearly Afton did not hear the little girl clearly, as she responded, "Nice to meet you Satan."
Day 27
Afton - "Do we have to leave California? I just love it here."
Day 28
Jack - "Do we have to give Aunt Allison her van back? (yes) ARGHHHHHH!"
They really enjoyed the van, and ALL of the amenities.
Day 29
Afton and Jack - "Daddy, hold me. Daddy, give me a horsey ride. Daddy, sit by me. Daddy, swing me. Daddy, give me a piggy back ride. Daddy, tuck me in."  They clearly love their daddy.
Day 30
Jack riding in the Tacoma - "Oh we high mom! Wooooo hoooooo!"


1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete