Wednesday, April 17, 2013

"Ahhhh crap!"

So...
Let me just say that I was thrilled when Jack said he wanted to go on the potty 4 months ago. We did the whole naked thing. Set the timer thing. Get some M&Ms thing. But each time we tried, he was not successful on the potty, but instead 3 minutes after on the floor, his bed, my bed, the couch, or my personal favorite, our computer hard drive. Needless to say, we stopped potty training after the final incident.

Then last week, he was saying "I want to go on the big boy potty! Mom! Right now!" And he did great. He has done great. However, while watching the Master's, playing a little golf himself, he had a minor incident.

Afton called to me while I was cooking dinner, "Mom, you are going to want to see this!"
Knowing exactly what had happened before I even looked, my response was "Ahhhh crap!"
Afton followed up with, "Yep! That is what IT is!"

 no "hole in one!"
 
 He missed the "potty hole" entirely!
 
In his defense, it is my fault. I have not been able to set aside 3 days to just stay home and totally devote all of our lives to potty training. So Jack, I am sorry. You are doing great. Honestly, I am sad that you are getting so big.
Keep trying to get that hole in one!

1 comment: