Saturday, April 13, 2013

"I like to look for rainbows, whenever there is rain..."

When I am Baptized
 
This is one of my favorite children's hymns we sing in primary. I remember loving it as a child; I love singing it with Afton and Jack before they go to sleep each night. Today at my nephew's baptism, of course we sang it as the opening song. It was such a special day. Glad we could be there to support him and his big decision.
Bummer there were no rainbows or rain, but still a memorable, joyous day.
 
"I like to look for rainbows whenever there is rain
And ponder on the beauty of an earth made clean again.
 
I want my life to be as clean as earth right after rain.
I want to be the best I can and live with God again.
 
 
I know when I am baptized my wrongs are washed away,
And I can be forgiven and improve myself each day.
 
I want my life to be as clean as earth right after rain.
I want to be the best I can and live with God again."
 

Words: Nita Dale Milner, 1952-2004; adapted. (c) 1989 IRI
Music: Nita Dale Milner, 1952-2004. (c) 1989 IRI

No comments:

Post a Comment