Monday, April 1, 2013

Quotes from Afton and Jack - March 2013

It was such a fun month! Can't believe that the year is flying by so fast. Daddy is almost done with his 2nd semester of school. He has exactly three years left of school, but who is counting. Crazy how time flies when having fun. (Well, at least we are having fun.)

Day 1 
Jack: "When I grow up I am going to be a king. I want to rule it all!"
Day 2 - @ 6:15 am
Afton: "Mommy, your mustache stinks."
Jack: "My mommy doesn't have a mustache. Her is a girl."
Afton: "Well, what stinks then?"
Me: "I haven't brushed my teeth yet."
Afton: "Well then get going. Geez!"
Day 3
Jack - "I love it when daddy holds me."
Day 4
Afton - "Can we have pancakes today?"
Jack - "No, Daddy is at school."
Afton - "Ok. When will Daddy be able to make us pancakes before he goes and does your old teaching job thingy?"
Me- "Thursdays."
Jack - "Days of the week (clap, clap.)"
~ Oh my goodness, he is learning in PRESCHOOL!!!!!!!
Day 5 - 
Afton - "Mommy, my poor ballet teacher can't count. She just keeps saying 1...2...1...2."
Day 6 -
"Oh no, I'm going to throw up. Oh wait... here it comes. Buuuuurp! Whew. No throw up mom. Just a big burp."
"Jack, you are gross," said Afton.
Photo: "Oh no, I'm going to throw up. Oh wait... here it comes. Buuuuurp! Whew. No throw up mom. Just a big burp." 
"Jack, you are gross," said Afton.
Day 7 - Afton says as she is watching PBS news, "Mommy, the president is on and he is talking about a WHOLE lot of NOTHING. Do you even understand him?"
Day 8 - "So Mommy, what show did you win tickets to again? (Garbage) Oh... well... (in a completely sarcastic, sassy, embarrassed-by-her-own-mother kind of tone) that sounds like a whole lot of fun. Watching TRASH dance around on stage. You can just throw trash around our house. I will make it dance.  You don't even need tickets."
Jack chimes in - "Yuck mom. Trash is stinky, even if it dances."
Day 9
Me: "Jack did you throw the pinecone at your sister or at the trashcan?"
Jack: "At sister." (NOT feeling bad at all)
Daddy: "Of course he aimed it at sister. That is where it hit. The boy has good aim."
Afton: "I just need a Princess bandaid!!! Wahhhhh wahhhhhhh!"
Day 10
Afton to Jack: "Don't you just love to see the temple?
Jack: "Uh huh."
Afton: "I am going inside one day."
Jack: "Uh huh. Me too sister. Me too!"
Photo
While Grandma Jones is cutting up someone else's couch she found on the side of the road...
Jack: "Are you CRAAAAAAZY Grandma?"
 
Day 11
Afton frustrated and concerned: "Where the FREAK is Cinderella?
Jack smirking, "Ummm, I don't know sister. Maybe Batman took her. (looks at me and whispers as she is running away) It was me. I am Batman."


Day 12 
Afton: "I bet my uncle will share a smoothie with me because he is so nice. (Afton's Uncle - my brother-  does not share food with anyone. He is very adamant about that.) But I bet he will on his birthday."
Day 13
Having FHE with the missionaries and an investigator, Bro. David.
Daddy: "Who should say the prayer?"
Jack pointing directly at our guest, "Him!"
He did great.
Day 14 
Afton: "Mommy, how come you aren't eating pancakes? Is it because you are worried about your fat tummy?"
Jack: "If you don't eat them, you will get the hiccups and have to go to the hospital."
Day 15
#1
Afton: "Is it my birthday yet?"
Jack: "No sister. It's mine and I will get all of your presents!"
Afton: "Mommy, Jack is going to steal my presents."
Jack: "I would."
Betsy, the Horse, not the handler
#2
Jack: "I just love Betsy. Can she sleep in my bed? I know we will fit."
Day 16
"Man I have a lot of friends. I mean, have you seen ALL of the people at MY birthday party?" proudly states Afton.
Day 17
Afton wasted no time in begging me to open the princess crafts set she got from Laura Tone Bodine and Bobi Tone. She said, "Avery and Quinn did such a great job on buying me princess present. It's like they knew that I have been dreaming of this moment for all of my life."
 
Day 18
Afton: "My daddy isn't going to go play golf on my birthday. He is going to spend the whole day with me!"
Day 19
"This is the best birthday ever. I can't wait to turn 5."

Day 20
Jack - "I tooted."
Day 21
While Daddy is setting up my girl's new Leapster Afton says: "Geeze Daddy, Let me do it. You are taking too long. I am 4 years old now. I can do it myself!"
Day 22
Afton - "Daddy, what's a D-bag?"
 Day 23
Afton - "Mommy your legs are pokey like Daddy's Face."
Day 24
Jack snuggling with me in the morning. He wakes me up to say in a loving way, "You have a big
nose and I have a little nose. But you have a really BIIIIIIIIIGGGGG nose." Then he kissed me on my really biiiiiiggggg nose!
Day 25
 
"READY,
SET,
GO!
Run like the wind guys!" - Jack
Day 26
Jack - "I am done with dinner grandma. Now, where is my dessert?
Day 27
Afton - "Mommy, will you put on Justin Timberlake?"
Me - "Um, yes."
Afton- "Good. I just want to jam!"
Day 28
Afton- "Is daddy coming home tonight? Is he going to be home in the morning, because if not, then I will be sleeping in your bed all night just to see him? Just so you know."
Day 29
 #1
Afton - "Only the best magicians can do great tricks, like Uncle John. It helps if they don't have hair too."
Jack - "Why?"
Afton - "I don't know exactly. Maybe it just fell out from doing magic all the time."
Jack - "Oh yeah, you're right."
#2
Did Easter eggs last night at grandma's and my girl had a sleep over there. She woke up excited to see her eggs but was disappointed they were gone. Nowhere to be found. Afton said, "Ahhhh, the Easter bunny came and took the eggs!" But, the real explanation is my funny mom left them out on the table and Tibo, her Doberman ate every single one of them.
#3
Jack: "James is getting bigger and bigger and bigger. Soon he will be so old like... (thinking, tapping his mouth with his finger) hmmm... MOM, who is someone old?"
Afton: "REALLY Jack? Mommy is really old. Just look at her."
Jack: "Oh, you're right."
Me: (crying)
Day 30
Me - "Jack, did you know that Tibo has a bed?
Jack - "What the heck? That's crazy."
Me - "Did you know that Deuce used to sleep with us? That was his bed."
Jack - "Oh no. Now that's just stupid. And crazy. And stinky. Did you know that dogs toot?"
Day 31 (Easter Sunday was full of great quotes and moments!)
#1
My Girl helped daddy today with his talk. She shared the 3rd Article of Faith. She did great, but got a little nervous. She she came back down to sit with me and she said, "I got nervous. Real nervous. Then I was scared they were going to kill me like the Nephites."
#2
"Honestly mom. Another picture?" Says Afton.
 
 


1 comment:

  1. Soooo funny! :D Honestly, your kids are hilarious. And so are you!!! You do such a great job with them; Keep the stories coming. :) -Heather

    ReplyDelete