Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Confirmation

I'll be honest.

I've considered a puppy.

Not 100% on board. Not even 75%. But maybe 60% considered getting a puppy for my babes, and my sugar, to love on.

But after tonight, that all changed.


I have my confirmation. 100% certain that we can not get a puppy.

Star, Afton's western banded gecko that's she's had for 2 years, passed away. Friday morning Afton found her and tears were shed. We had to postpone any burial services until Daddy was home and we did some real planning.


But this evening, we held a ceremony for Star.


Jocelyn was the pallbearer. 


Afton asked if we could use a rose from my anniversary flowers for Star.


Jack was not as compassionate, but he still attended the services.


Jocelyn wailed so loudly that the dogs in the neighborhood joined in. 


Afton followed suit. 


Daddy dug a nice hole. 


Star was laid to rest, covered with rocks that Jack helped collect.


There is absolutely no way, in h%@*, that we will ever have a dog.


Not after tonight. It was just too emotional for us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment