Wednesday, September 12, 2018

Rust and Starvation

In all seriousness he said to me, "Doesn't metal rust? I'm going to die from rust poisoning."

And then when I offered McDonald's with a play place - to distract him from his certain death because of this newly placed RPE (Rapid Palatal Expander) slowly poisoning him - a new fear popped in his head.

"Mom. Honestly. I can't swallow. I physically can not swallow ever again. I'm going to die of starvation."

A day later, he's had smoothies only and soft bread.

He's not as concerned about the metal anymore, as I explained that dentists take every precaution to ensure they don't put harmful metals into a body, when trying to help their patients. I reminded him he could ask his dentist father this too if his concerns continued. He said, "Oh yeah. Dad would know. Good idea."

One day at a time for my logical and worrisome boy.

Man, I love him. He's just the cutest.

No comments:

Post a Comment