Monday, June 4, 2018

Fiesta

I took 4 years of high school Spanish.

My freshman year I was probably one of 10 students that my teacher did not violently hate. She was a real gem. Ahhhh, Mrs. Colmena.

My sophomore and junior year I competed in some weird Spanish academic competition. I think we won. I don't freaking remember. I still am not sure how I agreed to join this, but I think I thought it would help my chances of getting into a good college later.

My senior year I took Spanish Honors. And at the end of the year I felt like I had a pretty firm grasp on the language.

I took 1 semester of college level Spanish.

¡Ay dios mio!

I quickly found out that all 4 years of high school curriculum was covered in the first month of this course and it rocked my world.

So, I quit Spanish. I figured I already got into college and I can get by just fine if I ever I need to vacation there.

Or...

My Spanish would be good enough to possibly throw a baby shower for some sweet friends with a "Mexican Fiesta" theme.

I'd like to say that I didn't have to ask for help in properly phrasing certain things for the party, but that would be la mentira. Thanks Bojorquez!

I guess I should have at least taken a second semester of college level Spanish.


Carne asada & green chili chicken street tacos, flautas, taquitos, 7 layer bean dip, guacamole, veggie platters, fruit platters, salsa, jarritos, and mango mom-aritas
And the one and only Nothing Bundt Cake
Love these ladies! 

No comments:

Post a Comment