Monday, March 19, 2018

NINE Things I LOVE About You

Nine things I love about you, not to be confused with that early 2000s movie that I adore,
10 Things I Hate About You.

I have to be honest Ms. Afton Joy, this list took a lot of thought. You are so special in so many ways that it was hard to narrow it down.


9. I love that you are confident. You know what you like, how you like it, and you won't take any nonsense from anyone (even me sometimes.)

8. I love that you are courageous. You've always been a bit nervous at times with starting new dance classes, new school years at new schools, new sports or activities. But when it comes down to it, you take a deep breath and go for it. You never look back and always excel at whatever you do because of that first step.

7. I love that you are adventurous. It doesn't matter if I'm talking about being on a mountain side climbing to the highest cliffs, jumping off the high dive at a swimming pool, or leading the way as we embark on a new trail. You seek out adventure and it's admirable.


6. I love that you are fearless. Look back at post 7 about the highest cliffs thing, but also you are willing to try new things. This is silly, but you always get a different donut everytime we go just so you can give it a try, when I stick to my usual because I know it's good. Yummy chocolate bar. That is something I'd never do, and it makes my heart happy to watch to contemplate just the right donut for you on that day. You do this with everything and I love it.

5. I love that you are a leader. No matter where you or what you are doing, people follow you. They have ever since you were very little at the park or even the gross McDonald's playgrounds. You are not afraid to take charge and instruct others, most of the time kindly, but with force when needed. So many have always mentioned this to me, and it's important that you know it's a great quality.


4. I love that you look to serve. You've always wanted to be a helper to me in the kitchen, when cleaning, when doing anything, ever since you were very little. That desire to serve has continued in your classrooms where you're always wanting to work with classmates who may be struggling academically or even socially. You look to support them, help them, and most importantly, love them.

3. I love that you stand up for what is right. You tell me all the time about someone who isn't following the rules and how that bothers you. You let them know without fear and expect it to change. I love most importantly when you stand up for your brother and sister. Whoever messes with them, they will rue the day that they made that silly choice. And some have already encountered that side of you, and I'm thankful for it. As are your brother and sister.


2. I love your desire to learn. You always want to be the best and you push yourself to be that. Academically, physically, spiritually - You are so talented and blessed.

1. I love that you are my first. I love that you were picked to be my daughter up in heaven and you accepted the challenge, as I know it's not always easy. I love that you are learning how to be my daughter right along with me as I'm learning to be your mother. I love that you forgive me of my shortcomings and push me to be a better person each day. I love that you are mine and ALWAYS will be for eternity. I love everything about you, even your attitude (because it's so much like mine). Simply stated Afton Joy, I love you and always will.

Happy 9th birthday my sweet, smart, loving, beautiful baby girl

1 comment: