Thursday, March 15, 2018

Lucky or Blessed

Last night for Activity Days at church, I taught a lesson on these simple words: Lucky or Blessed.
I let the girls tell me what words they thought of when they saw a shamrock. The word I was looking for was lucky.


Then we shared different things that we are all lucky to have in our lives. We compiled our answers on my big shamrock.



The girls were given time to write their own answers on their personal shamrocks.



Then I had them listen to a scripture that meant something a bit different from lucky.  James 1:17 It was a word that was more meaningful, but that would not actually be stated in the scripture. They had to really pay attention.

After the figured out the word I was looking for, blessed, we replaced it on their personal shamrocks.
It was a fun lesson and the girls enjoyed it. They enjoyed the treat too.


---------

Since Afton had a fun lesson last night, I asked her if she wanted to teach this same lesson to her brother and sister for FHE tonight. She happily obliged and did a great job! 

They all loved the treat again. Was Afton just lucky or blessed for getting it twice?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment