Sunday, December 11, 2016

Today was a good day at church.

Sometimes I get more out of church than really I expect. I know. I know. I'm a terrible person.

That's because only sometimes my babes sit somewhat quiet so I can actually hear the speakers sharing their messages. But most days I'm used to reminding my babes, every 30 seconds, that they are not at a rave where loud voices, touching of others, and wild movements are encouraged.

"To all within the sound of my voice, the voice of Christ comes ringing down through the halls of time, asking each one of us while there is time, 'Do you love me?' And for every one of us, I answer with my honor and my soul, 'Yea, Lord, we do love thee.' And having set our 'hand to the plough,' we will never look back until this work is finished and love of God and neighbor rules the world. In the name of Jesus Christ, amen."

And sometimes my babes get to give talks, share scriptures, or say prayers in primary, which always manages to completely melt me as a mother.

Luke 2: 7-10
And she brought forth her firstborn son, and wrapped him in swaddling clothes, and laid him in a manger; because there was no room for them in the inn.
 And there were in the same country shepherds abiding in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night.
 And, lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the Lord shone round about them: and they were sore afraid.
10 And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people.

Oh, and sometimes I'm able to attend Sunday school without having to hang out in nursery with my littlest one, who I love dearly. Today I met my new class and hung out with the older Sunday school kids, to participate in the lesson. I was honestly astonished at how much student involvement there was from these teenagers. My Sunday school classes were nothing like that when I grew up. Of course I participated in class, because I was always an obedient, helpful student. Ha!


And sometimes in Relief Society I actually pay attention because I force myself to, instead of thinking about all the things I dropped the ball on the week before and how I'll fix it for the upcoming week.

"If you feel that much of what you do does not make you very famous, take heart. Most of the best people who ever lived weren’t very famous, either. Serve and grow, faithfully and quietly. Be on guard regarding the praise of men."

Today was a good day at church.

No comments:

Post a Comment