Thursday, December 15, 2016

Some Things I Can't Explain

We had our first Navy Dental Christmas party and it was a lot of fun. Having said that, there were just some things that I can't explain. 

1. Who planned the seating?
Kids were seated in a completely separate room from adults where there were two options for them to escape, one that lead directly to the parking lot. 

2. Did we want them to destroy everything?
In that room, there were 13 kids, 4 tables, and 2 important flags that seemed to be the only thing for the kids to play with - the staff removed them once they saw all the parents freaking out about telling them, "Please don't play with flags. Please don't hang on the flags. Please don't try and swing from the flags."


3. How can some girls be so sweet?
I'm always impressed by little girls ability to quickly become friends, when those girls are sweet-spirited and loving. 


4. Am I the only one who loves a little bit of toddler love?
Jocelyn and Thayer were completely inseparable, hugging and smooching under a table one minute, and then tackling each other in anger the next. 


5. What?
Michael Jackson at a Christmas party.

 

6. What again?
The Red Power Ranger at a Christmas party.



7. How many Santa's helpers are there in the world?
My kids have seen 8 million different Santa Claus' this Christmas season but this one, "Actually had real presents that each kid really wanted. But how come because he still wasn't the real Santa?" 
Afton is always trying to spoil the fun, or just really observant & detail oriented. 

Magic Pens
Elsa Play-Doh
Nerf Gun

8. I can't explain how taking a picture from just a few inches higher can turn out so much better than a picture taken straight on! We look younger, thinner, and not so gross. 


9. Why do men always, ALWAYS, look better as they age?

Well, I guess just I look old, not as thin as in the first picture, and gross. 
My Sugar looks good as always.

10. Last, but not least, I can't explain why I am so vain. 

Even with all the things I can't explain, it was a fun night with new friends at the Officer's Club, thanks to my handsome, hard-working officer.

No comments:

Post a Comment