Tuesday, July 5, 2016

"Slip'N'Slide El Macho"

"It never rains in Southern Califooornia." 
This was my jam back in the day (Tony! Toni! Tone!)


But really, it never rains in Las Vegas, NV unless it's during the 3 week period of time in the summer months, which we are currently in!!!!!! 
These monsoonal rains are the absolute BEST!

Tony! But really


And every time it rains, my babies throw on their bathing suits (or sometimes even strip to their panties/underwear), run to the trampoline and JUMP. 
Let me assure you we stop once we see lightning or hear thunder, so stop thinking I am a careless parent.



They jump and like to play a little game they made up called, "Slip'N'Slide El Macho."


The first half of the name is very clear, even though they themselves had never actually been on a real slip'n'slide before. They haven't even seen one.
But the second half of the name, I can't explain. 
Neither can they really, but that is what they have called it for years, and I am okay with it. In fact, I love it.
It always makes me think of Nacho Libre, and who doesn't want to think of him?



Ok. Back on track.

We went to Spring Mountain Ranch this past weekend and participated in their fun slip'n'slide event for the first time. The weather was beautiful that day because it had just rained the day (as seen in the picture above), before so it wasn't an unbearable temperature. 

Before it started, we had a little picnic and the entire time, my kids could not stop talking about what the slip'n'slide would be like. "Where is it going to go? Will it go fast? Is it set up yet? I don't think it is because all I see is grass, but I don't know what I am supposed to see. How long will it take to set up? Why did we have to bring baby soap to donate? Grandma Jones, are you going to do it? Mom, what about you? How do you even do it? Do you think someone will teach us how to do it? Maybe that Park Ranger dude is going to do it. I bet that I am going to be the fastest one, once I get the hang of it." 
I hope you get just how... hmmm...  how do I put it without sounding like a mean parent... ANNOYING excited they were about this freaking slip'n'slide! :) 



Then the questions ceased after they saw the workers come out and begin to set up. They watched intently and then it hit them at the same time. 

"It's just like Slip'N'Slide El Macho MOM! This is going to be awesome," shouted Jack.


"I hope I can run fast enough to get a really good slide. At home, on the trampoline, I don't have a lot of room so this is probably way better," commented Afton.

Jocelyn was not so sure.  In fact she stood in line every time, but would freak out just as it was her turn. 3 times we did this. 3 times she stood in line, which means I wrestled her to stay in line and not try and cut people. Little stinker. But she was always so proud of Afton and Jack when they were done!

After they slipped and slid, they played in the sprinklers, 
enjoyed some popsicles thanks to Grandma Jones, 
and enjoyed the scenery of Spring Mountain Ranch. 
Photo credit: Grandma Jones
Oh my goodness. I look bald. The picture that my mom took first was way better.

Who wants to come play Slip'N'Slide El Macho next time it rains?



No comments:

Post a Comment