Tuesday, January 26, 2016

As Good As Gold - First Birthday

This chick is almost two. AHHHHHHH! I have begun planning her 2nd birthday party, so really I need to finish this post from her 1st birthday party. (It is embarrassing - only to me I am sure - that is has taken me this long.) Oh well, I am getting it done. 

Her theme was "As Good as Gold!" And can't you just tell from this first picture that she was just a delight?

I am totally kidding. She really was such a sweet and loving baby (unless she was teething). She just did not want her picture taken that day. Which is crazy, because look at that adorable dress. I guess this chick already has issues with getting a little older. (Just wait until you are my age, my little love!)

***It really was her first "upset/tantrum" kind of picture that I took religiously (Ha!) each Sunday on this same scary Mother's lounge couch at church.


There is my sweet baby. Sitting so nice for a picture!

So here is her party. I went crazy with GOLD everything. I hit up dollar stores and thrift stores to find anything I could that shimmered gold. I even spray painted a few things to highlight from her first year. I bought tacky cheap gold frames to go with the AMAZING photos that my good friend took for me for Jocelyn's 1st birthday shoot, that were all over the party as decor. The frame couldn't show up my baby, not like that is ever even possible. I even went so far as to have a gigantic picture made of my sweet girl. In retrospect, this was a bit ridiculous. But, I DON'T CARE. I loved it. The food was all golden, as well. Golden fried Chicken, Golden sweet corn, Golden rolls, Golden Mac & Cheese, and a Nothing Bundt Cake that was covered in edible golden sparkles. The party favors were Golden chocolate coins and Hershey's Nuggets. You can't go wrong with chocolate, or anything gold for that matter either.










And would you doubt anything less than me requiring our family to coordinate with our sweet baby girl's gold dress? Come on? You know me better than that.


Soon, my baby girl will be as old as my big girl. 

This is exactly how I feel about that. 

Stay little, my sweet golden haired baby girl.
No matter what though, you will always be as good as gold.
We love you Jocelyn Claire.




No comments:

Post a Comment