Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Trilobite Treasure Hunting

I've lived in Las Vegas for my entire life, except for a brief stint at BYU (seriously too much snow).

My house has been only a few miles away from this "Treasure Hunting" location up on Frenchman Hills, but yet I never knew it existed.

When my Sugar told me that, "Bryce (a founder of the Dental School Treasure Hunters group aka Serious Bunch of NERDS - Ha!) had a spot for us to go," I was a bit worried. Then after he told me where we going to meet up to "look for some treasures," I became really worried.

I thought two things to myself.
1. Do I look like Indiana Jones searching for the Holy Grail?
And,
2. Ummmmmm, there's nothing up there. It's just where punk high school kids go to party, which means drink, and then throw their bottles on the ground like a bunch of jerk kids.

Sure enough when we got there, my two thoughts were confirmed.
1. I am not Indiana Jones.
And,
2. Wow, people really suck, breaking glass bottles for enjoyment. It was crazy and depressing how much glass there was.
Rather quickly a third thought arose - We are supposed to be letting our kids go and explore up here? Uh, yeah right!

But once we had our rock hammers & gloves in hand, passed the Sea of Glass, and finally met up with ALL our friends there (Bryce took the wrong Lake Mead and ended up by Lake Las Vegas - oops), we were able to really have some fun.

Treasure Hunters - My Sugar, Brian, & Bryce
Their Wives - Natalie, Michelle, & Me
Their Kids - Jenna (hiding), Ella, Jack, Olivia, Dawson, Afton & Jocelyn





"So does this mean I can't be a marine biologist if I am looking for dinosaurs and rocks?"

"It was an accident mom. I am okay."

Everything in her mouth.

Just helping Brian, while lovingly rubbing his back.

Las Vegas natives

You can kind of see the Strip way back in the distance.

Just hiking with her daddy.
"Shoulduhs. Shoulduhs."



Thanks to whoever put together this sweet rock creation. 


Bryce was the only one to actually find a some trilobite treasure. 
But with these pictures, I will be able to treasure the memories of yet again, another fun adventure during dental school.













No comments:

Post a Comment