Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Family Pictures 2015

Taking family pictures is sort of a love/hate kind of deal.

I love thinking of a location. I love trying to figure out what to wear (especially if I get to go shopping). I love getting our whole little family all dressed up, hair all done, meanwhile issuing threats/promises of treats for good behavior. But most of all, I love, love, love looking back at the pictures.

However, I hate thinking of a location. I hate trying to figure out what to wear (because I want everyone to be happy with what I pick out, and most importantly getting the outfits on sale is a must because you know I am shopping!) I hate getting our whole little family all dressed up (staying clean/stain free), hair all done (staying curled, styled, and in place), meanwhile issuing threats/promises of treats for good behavior (Who am I kidding, there is never good behavior when taking pictures!) But it's worth it because I will never and could never hate looking back at the pictures.

 __________________________________


Back in my Sugar's first year (2012) of dental school, our location for pictures was all but decided for me. He could not break away for a second from his studies in order to take family pictures. If we were going to do it, we had to come to him and we only had an hour. So, at UNLV Dental School campus, we took our family pictures. At that time, we were a family of 4. 



This year, his last year (2016) of dental school, was not much different. My Sugar was in panic/crazy-eyed/scratchy skin/short tempered mode. He had BOARDS coming up and this test was a pretty freaking (expensive) big deal. So of course, he could not break away for a second from his studies in order to take family pictures. If we were going to do it, we had to come to him and we only had an hour. So, at UNLV Dental School campus, we took our family pictures, again. This time, we were a family of 5. 



Did I mention how much I love looking back through old pictures?


Mommy and Daddy

Afton & Jack

Afton, Jack, & Jocelyn

The Girl

The Boy

The Baby Girl 
She is pretty much perfect!

Our girls

Westra Family of 4

Westra Family of 5

Crazy how much we have grown, in so many ways, and that we still have a smile on our face. It has been a rough/memorable/exciting few years, but worth every minute of it. 


Also - Crazy that I am wearing the same pants in both years - See Sugar, I'm not always buying new clothes.

No comments:

Post a Comment