Monday, September 21, 2015

Tee pee = T.P.

So, I thought of this idea to have a tee pee inspired baby shower. This soon to be new baby would be Totally Perfect (T.P.), so why not go with that as the theme?

I checked Pinterest and found that once again my original ideas had already been done by somebody else. And better than what I had come up with in my head. Ugh. I seriously hate Pinterest. But oh well, I was committed to the T.P.


I wanted to have it in an actual tee pee. Ok, that's a lie, but I did want to have one at the party as decor.


I knew I could make one if I was really ambitious, but I'm not, so whatever. We asked some ladies at church if anyone had a pop-up tee pee, you know, the little ones that are so popular on Pinterest, that blasted site full of more creative and smarter people than me. But, sadly no one had one. Ugh. A sweet sister did offer her giant 10 foot tall tee pee, but I declined since it would not fit in my living room. (I could have actually hosted the shower in that giant thing. Oh well.) Ugh to normal size living rooms.

But, I persevered. I would have a tee pee no matter what.


I talked to my mom and asked her if she had anything I could use for the party and she said, "Well, I think I still have your old tee pee from when you were a little girl." Say what!!!! Sure enough, she did!

I was stoked. I finally had a tee pee, just the right size for my crazy vision of this party.

But, I wanted more. So I bought some cheap fabric at Joann's in the remnant section, cut some branches off of my Mom's oleander tree, and tied them up with a hair band. BAM! Mini tee pees on my dining room table as centerpieces.

Then I just needed one little thing that said "Totally Perfect." So just in case you weren't getting my theme of T.P., this little sign would clear it up for you.

Man, I have problems. But whatever, this party turned out cute, it was well attended, and most importantly the Mom-to-be was so incredibly thankful.


Basically, the party was Totally Perfect - T.P.



I divided the table up into two sections of food.


Hunters - "Man Bites" Sweet Baby Rays Crock pot meatballs and "Skewered Meat" Marinated Grilled Chicken breasts on a stick
Gatherers - Fruit, Veggies, and Tribal Trail Mix
In the center up front on the table was "Tribal Treats" vanilla cream cheese frosting cupcakes. 
I can't take credit for all the food. 
All I did was the meatballs. 
Shout out to Tacy, Vicki, JoAnn, and Shyanne for their wonderful contributions.


I used the leftover sticks as decor anyway I could. 
To tie back my curtains, to pop out of large pots, and to make pretend arrows.
This stuff was free! 
Woo hoo. I love free.

I also borrowed some yellow, brown, orange, and red paint chips from Walmart that I cut and turned into ombre feathers. I made a feather garland that hung in front of the window where the food was. 
I didn't get a picture of it. It was cute. UGH.

Just believe me when I say they were Totally Perfect.




No comments:

Post a Comment