Sunday, January 4, 2015

Afton's Explanation of Why I Must Help in Her Class

The day of Jack's winter performance was also the day of Afton's class party. I thought that I would be able to easily be at both, since my Sugar would be home on his winter break.
I figured that Jack's performance would be at 11 and Afton's party would be late in the afternoon. So no problem.
But, I was wrong. I found out Thursday afternoon at pick up that Afton's individual class party was going to start at 12:20. The entire kindergarten party would be in the afternoon, and they would just be watching a movie.
Argh. Dilemma.
As I was explaining to Afton on our drive home that I might not be able to come help at her class party because I had to support Jack during his first preschool performance, she thoughtfully and rationally explained to me how I should deal with this time constraint.
"Well mom, I think that Daddy should go to Jack's performance with Jocelyn. And you come to mine. It makes sense because Jack loves Daddy more than he loves you. He's always crying for him like a little baby. And I love you more. I still love daddy, but I LOVE you just a little bit more. Plus, you like to be in classrooms because you used to be a teacher and Ms. Higley invited YOU. It would be rude for you not to come. So, how does that sound? (No moment for me to respond) I think I just solved your problem. You're welcome. Oh and can we stop by Sonic? You can get a Dr. Pepper and slushies for me and Jack."
With that sort of problem solving provided for me by my five year old, HOW could I not reward her with a slushie? AND myself, with a Dr. Pepper?
Needless to say, we worked it out. I was able to attend both events. I quickly left after Jack's performance. Daddy kept Jocelyn and Jack so I could be with my oldest girl, in a classroom, honoring her teacher's invite, and maintaining my status of being the most LOVED parent.
Ms. Higley
Her crew!
Somehow she remained on the nice list!
(This freaking girl knows just HOW to work me!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment