Sunday, December 14, 2014

Looking for Learning - "Like now."

Jack has missed our frequent learning activities.
Yes, you read that correctly. He actually misses the activities that I did at home, that I thought he could care less about. He seemed to show little, to no interest at all when I would try and review or introduce a  new skill at home (in a fun way, may I  remind you). 
But one afternoon he said to me, "Mom, we haven't done a learning activity since we've been in the hotel. We should do one. Like now."
My heart skipped a beat. I grabbed Jocelyn, gathered Jack, broke free of the confines of our hotel room, and we walked around trying to think of something to do. "Like now."
We wound up in this room. It's full of wonderful brochures that are full of letters. Jack thought of the activity all by himself. 
"Mom, how about you say a letter, then I'll find it on a paper thingy. Then I'll say the sound (it makes). Is that okay with you?"
Why yes it is Jack boy. It is indeed, "Ok." It's actually freaking awesome!
"Letter F. It says fuh, like in fart. Ha. I said FFFFart."
Even Jocelyn had fun practicing her letter recognition and their sounds. 

No comments:

Post a Comment