Saturday, January 4, 2014

The DUNES with the Dunns

This entry is written by Scott Westra, not the normal author of this bloggy blog.

One of our weekly rituals the past month or so has been to ride bikes over to the Dunn's every Sunday after naps. They are some friends from church who live in the neighborhood across from ours. Afton loves to play with their little girl Lilly, and Jack hates to admit that he loves to play with Rico. Although Jack's true interest in going over their is also to see Lilly, his first crush. On my break we went over there a little more often than just Sundays, and on one of our visits they were planning a day up in Logandale riding their Rhinos in the sand dunes. Casually they extended an invite, probably assuming I would decline since my wife is laid up, but I convinced Jenn it was a good idea, I would take the kids and she could have a relaxing day all by herself. 

Bam! She bought it. So, whether they liked it or not, we were going with them.
I haven't played on recreational vehicles since being married, due to my wife's crazy notion that they are dangerous. Needless to say I was stoked. So stoked that when we arrived at the Dunn's to go, they were still asleep! Don't worry, I woke them up. I had never been to Logandale, NV, and was not sure what to expect, as I have found most of Nevada to be kind of ugly. It was so pretty up there, I was pleasantly surprised. Sadly I didn't get as many pictures as I would have liked (guess I'll have to tag along again), but here are some that I liked.
Notice Rico in the back, waiting to take Jack to go jump off some cliffs or something; the kid is CRAZY and has no fear. (I love watching him, envisioning him being the next great X-Games champion.)

Afton and Lilly. Can't blame Jack for having a crush on this cute girl.

Jake, Lilly, Jack and Afton... Rico still waiting to go jump off some cliffs.

So when we got there Mike says to me, "Alright this one is yours for the day". 
Yeah baby! Jack drove most of the day.

Well, Jack had a rough time for the first hour or 2, so I had to ride in the back with him. 
The kid passed out while we were bouncing around out there! Whacko!


Some friends of theirs had this crawler thing that basically went straight up these cliffs. 
Pretty rad. Yeah, I said rad.




There are some cool petroglyphs out there.

Jack checking for snakes.




Mom was not happy about this picture when I got home... oops. 
Sorry for letting my kids have some fun.




Love these 2.

Jack was more than happy to let Lilly in on the photo shoot.

Was a super fun day. 
Thanks Dunns for letting us tag along for the day and showing us such a good time!

No comments:

Post a Comment