Monday, January 6, 2014

Jesus wants me for a sunbeam!

I was called to be the primary president for our ward back in July of 2013. I have spent the last 3 months still being the president, from my couch/bed.  It has been hard because I've missed a bunch of fun things, had to stress out my counselors with tons of work, and haven't been the extra body that we ALL know primary needs in there every Sunday. (Needless to say my counselors & secretary are ridiculously awesome. I love them. Shout out to Spencer, Toko, & Hardcastle.)

Yesterday was a particularly fun day that I missed. It was my boy's first day in primary as a sunbeam. (Can't believe he's already that big.) We had been talking about it for awhile, and he seemed indifferent.

Junior sharing time meets first and Jack went in unsure, but daddy told me that he was having a tough time, because they had to go find him to help Jack calm down. Once daddy was sitting by his side in the primary room, Jack did much better. He was singing along and he even came home singing, "How did the Father show the world...", which is our new song for the month. He even was able to tell me what the lesson was about during sharing time. "It was about baby Jesus and us." Daddy said he answered the question, "What will you be like and look like when you grow up?" Jack responded, "A baby pig. No... just like a big boy like my daddy. I want to be just like my daddy." Afton explained the lesson to me a little different with baby and mommy pigs, giraffes, and stegasaurus. Then "Jesus was in there too." Daddy later explained what the lesson was really about (We are created in His image), but overall, both my babies got the point, in their own way.

When it was time for Jack to go to his sunbeam class, he did very well. His teacher for the day, Sister Lance, messaged me that night, and brought me to tears along with giant smiles at the same time.

Although I missed the fun day, I heard from so many people about it, that it actually seemed like I was there. I can't wait to go back and be a functioning, standing, active primary president. Not just for my own babies, but for ALL the sweet babies from ages 3-11 that I miss terribly. (Only 9 weeks left until I'm 36 weeks)

Ooooh, I forgot to mention that Jack was selected to give the closing prayer next week during sharing time! :) He was pretty excited about that. 


No comments:

Post a Comment