Monday, December 16, 2013

We've been spoiled by the beach house.

For the last few years, we've been lucky enough to be invited to a spectacular beach house down in Oceanside, Ca. (Big shout out to John and Allison Barnes!) We have TRULY enjoyed the luxories that have gone hand in hand with our stay while there.

It wasn't until we went to Mission Beach this last summer, (after already having stayed at the beach house a few months earlier) that I realized how truly spoiled we are.

Mission Beach is supposed to be a great beach. Lots of fun sand. Great water. Fun activities to walk to. However, my opinion... Mission Beach was gross.

There was seaweed everywhere. Piles and piles of LONG, AND RIDICULOUS SEAWEED. Nasty rocks. Dirty rough sand. Too many freaking people. Nowhere to play volleyball without the fear of stepping on someone's hypodermic needle or broken 40 bottle. I had to pee, but I refused to go in the water, because it was nasty, and the bathrooms looked like a scene from a horror movie. The food we brought to snack on was covered in sand within 23 seconds of opening it thanks to one of the 8 million people walking by us kicking up sand. OR someone adjusting their towel meanwhile flinging sand ALL over us. OR the birds, freaking birds, kicking up sand as you try and shoosh them away so they don't get at your now ruined, covered in sand food. I won't even talk about the parking.

I know I'm a complete diva. I understand that. I recognize that. I'm okay with that. I'm just quite shocked at how truly spoiled I have become (not at ALL true in any other instance, by the way) by the ease of staying at a beautiful, breathtaking, and blissful beach house. I fear I can never return to the normal beach life, I used to truly enjoy.

We did have some fun friends with us though, so that was a bonus. My babies didn't mind the day at beach. Neither did my sugar. Turns out, I'm the ONLY one truly affected by the spoils of the beach house. (Shocking!)

1 comment: