Saturday, December 14, 2013

"That's the time I threw up everywhere!"

My girl and I were snuggling on the couch the other day looking through old pictures on my phone, and we came across some from our trip to Utah back in August.

On daddy's break in between summer and fall semesters, we were quite the travelers, going from Utah, then to California. (And I never got around to posting anything about it. My bad.)

Well, I felt like I needed to document the fun we had during those two weeks as a family. And as Afton looked back through the pictures, she had one very specific memory of our Utah trip.

"That's the time I threw up everywhere. Then daddy did too. And everyone else in our WHOLE family, except you and Jack. Man, that was a lot of throw up."

Her memory and depiction of the trip were spot on. We had a fun day at the Midway Swiss Days fair watching Charity and Emily perform, eating yummy food, buying fun bow and arrows "to be like Brave," said Jack, and overall, just enjoying family.

That quickly ended when almost every single member of the Westra clan got violently ill. It takes less time to say who remained healthy, then to list the "lucky" ones who got sick. "Man, that was a lot of throw up."

All in all, it was still fun to be with family.  

No comments:

Post a Comment