Sunday, July 7, 2013

Quotes June 2013

I'm way behind. I will be better on posting July on time. (I hope.)


Day 1
Afton: "Is it Grandma's birthday? She is getting pretty old, but she is still pretty."
Day 2
#1
Afton: "I have a plan mom. For your birthday, I say let's go back to Rita's and get another water ice. That just sounds like a great plan huh?"
#2
I think my girl summed up what getting older is like when she said, "So when you get older your boo boos get long?"
Day 3
Afton: "Do I have to choke if I am eating an artichoke?  No...? Ok good."
Day 4
#1

"Mmmmmmm! It's delicious! Thanks so much mom for my smoothie!"
#2
10:30 at night, awoken from a nightmare Afton is screaming and crying hysterically, "You won't even believe it mom. There is a poison dart frog  jumping around my room. He is jumping around like uh, uh, uh, uh, a freaking frog. I'm so scared." Poor thing couldn't handle us reading a rainforest animal fact book for a bedtime story.
Day 5
Afton: "Look mom. I found your see through dresses."
me: "Those are NOT to play with. Those are for daddy.
Afton: "Seriously, Daddy wears these?"
me: "No."
Afton: "I don't get it. I just look so beautiful. They're short like they're made for me. They're beautiful colors. Why can't I wear them?"
me: "Um. Just no." (Not sure how to address this other than finding a new spot for my lingerie.)
Day 6
#1
Jack: "This is Mitch-o. This is Spenca. And this is a dude on a horse."
Me: "His name is Helaman."
Jack: "No mom. He IS a man. Not he-la-man. And dudes are mans."
#2
Afton: "Do they have a room full of M& Ms at the M hotel?"
#3
"Mom, maybe Super Y (our elf on the shelf) sent this to us. This is the best day ever!" 
Day 7
Afton: "Is there ranch on my butt?"
me: "Yep."
Afton: "Good, I thought so."
Day 8
Afton: "How about I start listening AFTER my nap? Right now, it's just TOO hard to listen. Okay?"
Day 9
#1
Afton: "Mom, I have something for you. You're going to love it. It's beautiful."
Me: "Indeed I do. Indeed they are."
 
 
#2
Jack while being tucked into bed caressing my face, "I just love your ears mommy."
Day 10
Me: "Hurry upstairs Afton so we can get ready for bed."
Afton: "But mom, (singing and bobbing her head) we're up all night to get lucky."
                              Thank you Daft Punk and Pharell.

Day 11
Watching the NBA finals and Jack is talking on his superhero phone, "Um sorry Hulk Smash. Can't play right now. I'm yelling DEFENSE at the TV because everyone else is. Maybe later. K. Bye."
Day 12
Jack looking into my sunglasses seeing his reflection, "Hey. There are 2 Jacks. 1 Jack. 2 Jacks. Hmmmmm.WHY mom?"
Day 13
Each night we tuck Jack into bed we sing to him, "Take me out the ballgame." One night after hearing the line, "Buy me some peanuts and crackerjacks," he says, "Hey, I'm Jack. But I'm NOT a cracker."
Day 14
#1
Afton at Krispy Kreme: "I know how to make donuts already mom. But we don't have that cool sugar thing."
#2
"Giddy up cowboy. This is Flicka. He is a wild horse."         
   
Day 15
Jack: "Can Buzz fly? What about Hulk Smash? Oh, I KNOW Batman can."
Day 16
#1
Jack looking back into the potty at his poop: "Mom look. That one is swimming. He doesn't even have to wear his floaties. Uh oh. That one down there is drown-ding. Where will the poop go? Oh wait don't tell me. I know, a special pool party. Hey, is that corn going to the party too?"
Daddy has to be proud of this on Father's day.

#2

"Happy father's day daddy. You are our superhero!"
Day 17
Me: "What do you want for breakfast?"
Jack: "Hot dogs."
He says this every morning, followed up with, "Oatmeal." Which he NEVER eats. And I no LONGER make.
Day 18
Jack: "That puppet really freaks me out mom. I mean really."


Day 19
Jack: "Can alligators ride on bicycles?"
Afton: "Um no Jack. That's the silliest thing I have ever heard. Their legs are too short. But, a unicorn can. They are really good bike riders."
Jack
Day 20
Jack practicing hitting a volleyball and Afton says, "Jack when you turn 16, you will touch the sky for sure. I promise you brother. I promise."
Day 21
Tucking Jack in, "Please don't sing to me tonight mommy. Let's just talk ok?"
Day 22
Jack: "Knock it off mom. Just knock it off."
Day 23
Daddy, while looking at our neighbors down the street: "Huh. Looks like they're off to the EDC."
Jack chimes in: "A B C D E D C."

Day 24
Jack: "I love you too mommy!"
Day 25
Afton: "I know what I want to name my babies. I'm going to have 3 girls and 4 boys. My girl's names will be Sinta, Princess, and Rain. My boys names will be Car, Shayla, Mayla, and Chuck. I can't wait to be a mommy."
Jack: "So you are going to have the babies in the temple on Saturday?"
Afton: ""Maybe. I'll have to see what my day is like after swimming."
Day 26
Jack: "Guess what sister. I love you too."
Afton: "But I didn't say I love you."
Jack: "Well you should have."
Day 27
#1
"Jack, remember when we watched that documemory about flamingos? They dance to make babies." Jack responds shaking his head yes, "Ahhh look. That one is having a baby right now. (Pause) or is HE going poop?"
Afton kindly explains, "Silly Jack. Boy flamingos don't poop. They only toot."
 
 
Day 28
Jack: "I beated you sister."
Afton: "(Frustrated and irritated) Uh no Jack. So just, eat your food. And DON'T make a mess."
Day 29
Me: "Afton, why wouldn't you look at the camera?"
Afton: "We were too busy focusing on the deliciousness of our snow cones to actually stop and look at the camera. Duh."
Jack: "Yeah mom. They were really yummy."
Day 30 after being outside for less then 10 minutes on a 115 degree day
Afton: "It's so hot out here. Do you guys think this is what living on the sun is like? Mom, seriously. I can't feel my eyeballs."
Jack: "Ahhhhh! My eyeballs are on fire. It's freaking hot."

No comments:

Post a Comment