Monday, January 2, 2017

New Revolutions

I had some extra treats left over from my Sunday School class and my babes go crazy for anything that has to do with soda, so my FHE preparation was pretty easy for tonight.


I asked them, "What do we usually do at the beginning of each year as a family?"


Afton responded, "We make new revolutions."

Jack kindly corrected her, "No! That's what the sun does. It revolutes around the earth. But I can't remember what the word is for what we do at the beginning of the year."

I chuckled at both of my kids, helped them understand the term is new resolution, where we resolve to make ourselves better in some way.

And that the Earth revolves around the sun. Oh, and also, that "revolutes" is not a word.

We made our resolutions as a family, discussing how each thing we do well help us get closer to our Heavenly Father. Then we sealed our decisions with a swig of Crush. 

"This sip of soda will really help me keep our resolutions mom." ~ Jack 


We set 'em.
 Hope we Crush 'em!

No comments:

Post a Comment