Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Road Trippin'

My sugar drove the babies in our Acadia.
 
I drove behind with my mom in her tiny Fiat.
 
There were a few reasons why.
1. We wanted to go the short cut way "through the middle of freaking nowhere."
2. We wanted our ride home to only be 3 hours, not 6.
3. She drove all the way by herself, (to help us out for my Sugar's military ball - thanks mommy) so why not give her some company on the way back?
 
I was happy to get to ride with my mommy. It would be fun to have a little road trip with her, even if it was for a short time.
 
I did get worried however when I got in her car and she informed me that she has no cd player. That basically meant listening to the radio, through the middle of freaking nowhere, where there is literally no service. And when there would actually be service, it would be horrendous country music mixed in with a crap ton of annoying commercials.
 
But as we drove, we laughed, she moaned, we chatted, she groaned, and we sang. Thankfully I had songs on my phone offline library to save the day, so I didn't go completely insane.
It was a fun little trip.
 
Kelso Depot - We missed a train by just a few minutes, darn it.
Mojave National Preserve

No comments:

Post a Comment