Wednesday, November 16, 2016

It's a ZOO out there.

I can't control their school.
I can't control their classroom.
I can't control their friends and the things they say.
I can't control the things they hear from non-friends.
I can't control what they see when I'm not there.
I can't control much of anything really.

What the heck was I thinking when I wanted to become a mother?



It's a freaking ZOO out there.

But, I wouldn't change my role as their mother for anything in the world.


Everyday I am reminded of what I can't control, and pray that things will somehow work out. My prayers are whisperings, pleadings, and shouts to the One who can control things, who sent us all to this crazy ZOO.


Oh yeah, I know what I was thinking when I wanted to be a mother.



I was thinking I wanted nothing more in this life than to help my babies learn to love and live in this ZOO called life. And I'm thankful for that trust and faith in me, from the ultimate Zookeeper. I know He's always in control.


No comments:

Post a Comment