Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Feeling Fancy

At the beginning of summer, I saw a post from my sweet friend Laura talking about how her daughter, Avery was pampering her from ideas she read in a Fancy Nancy book. I remember thinking to myself,  "Bummer my girl doesn't have this Fancy Nancy book. She's got just about every other one."

Then one day, my girl who was supposed to be taking a nap, (Yes she still naps!) came downstairs and said, "Mom, we have got to do this. And I mean like right now!"

It was the book! Fancy Nancy Ooh La La It's Beauty Day.

I was ready to be pampered. We sat. She read. I listened. We discussed. And then she thought, "Maybe we should take notes on the important stuff. Then, I can just use my notes about the book to help me run my spa."


Now, who am I to stop my 6 year old daughter from this opportunity of reading for important details, organizing it into specific sections, and then wanting to use that information for her own personal business later? I could not stop her, and more importantly, nor would I ever stop her. The mom in me was thrilled. The teacher in me was freaking ecstatic!

We learned the importance of measuring accurately, discussed fractions, and reviewed proper food handling procedures, again. Somehow the reminder of not sticking your tongue on the honey spout is always needing to be said. 

She was so excited to be pampering us both. I'm not going to lie, I was excited too. I loved every minute of it, just like my friend Laura and her daughter did.


I lied, I didn't like the part when Afton accidentally dropped a chunk of smooshed bananas and honey into my mouth. Yuck! 


But the rest was awesome! Can't wait for the spa to do some more pampering. (I just need to the operator of the spa -Afton- to understand that clean-up should NOT be done by the actual guests -Mom- at the spa!)

No comments:

Post a Comment