Wednesday, April 9, 2014

T- Ball First Timers

My babies were excited when I finally got off bedrest for many reasons.  One of them was because they could get to do fun classes at the rec center again.

It was Jack's turn to pick, and he chose T-ball. Afton was given the choice to play with him or cheer him on from the bleachers with Jocelyn and me. I was proud she chose to play. "Mommy, we play in our living room all the time. It's not just for boys." (I know that child,  thank you very much.)

Afton and Jack have been sick for almost a week, but today they seemed to be doing better. They both assured me they could survive practice.

Jack did great the whole time. Great listener, quick learner, and good team player. He only came off the field twice to let me know, "I really need a pretzel."

Afton did as well for the first ten minutes. She broke down as they were running the bases. Tears streaming down her face, boogers doing the same, saying "Mommy, my legs feel like they're going to fall off. I just can't do it today." Poor thing.

I felt terrible. She told me that she would be better by Friday and ready to play hard with her brother. :)

It should be a lot of fun. I had the biggest smile on my face as I watched them both having fun out in the red dirt. Jack gave me the occasional thumbs up from first base. It was freaking adorable! When we were done he said, "That was the best day of my life."

No comments:

Post a Comment