Friday, April 4, 2014

"EGGS"ellent Listeners

I'm so behind on my posting, so I'm going to do this while I have the time. (I'm super out of order in my timeline, but oh well.)

Today at Afton's preschool, they did their Easter Egg Hunt. They invited Jack to attend, so we couldn't miss it.

Mrs. Bahati gave very specific directions about what kinds of eggs you were allowed to get during your hunt. (I like that about her. Even strict and direct on a fun activity.)

"Today's number of the day is 7. You may take that many number of eggs on your hunt. But you must also choose eggs that are different from each other. What does different mean?"

All the kids answered and were very sure about the number of eggs they could get and that none of them could be the same.

They walked out in a line, all eager to begin their hunt, and as soon as she said go, 15 kids were all gone. Almost all of the preschoolers rushed and rushed to pick up every egg they could find, spanning out in all directions. Almost all of them had forgotten the very specific directions their teacher had just shared with them 3 minutes before.

There were 2 who followed directions. Two who walked past egg after egg because they already had one that was just like it in the basket. Two who were searching for different eggs, just like the teacher had asked. Those two were my boy and girl. I was so happy to see that they had listened. It made me proud. I did feel a little bad though because since they were the only 2 who listened, every other kids' Easter baskets was filled with eggs, but my babies were not.

I'll make it up to them for being such "EGGS"ellent listeners.

No comments:

Post a Comment