Thursday, October 26, 2017

Glitter EVERYWHERE

"Oh, I see. Is today Halloween? I must really be a few days off," says the nice man in uniform at the Base hospital.

"No. It's Tursday. Not Halloween. My class, my preschool class, is not happening today because my teacher is having confrences wit all duh kids from school. My preschool. And her said too dat we can't wear our costumes on my party day, darn it. So Doctor Soldier, dat's why I an wearing my Rapunzel today on Tursday. On Halloween, I an gunna be duh White Witch from Narnia. Not even Rapunzel. Ok Doctor Soldier?"

He smiled.

I smiled.

He said, "Have a good day Rapunzel. Happy Halloween."

She picked up her dress, just ever so slightly, and bowed.

And as she walked away, I saw the glitter trail that she had left behind her.

Glitter everywhere we went.

No comments:

Post a Comment