Sunday, February 3, 2013

Quotes from Afton & Jack - January 2013

I am amazed, astonished, and awestruck (No, they don't all mean the same thing.) each day at the crazy things my children say. My goal is to one day compile all of my very favorite quotes into a book for my babies. I will then give it to them when they are older and wiser, and they have a true appreciation of the time it took me to create such an amazing book. (A girl can dream, right?) But for now, I will just have to get their memorable quotes down on this blog thingy.

January 2013 (Plus one from 12-31-12, because it was that good!)
Day -1:
Yesterday, which was New Year's Eve, the boy got his big boy bed and he was very excited. Big sister was just as excited as they played jumping around on it and having a good old time. When nap time came around, Afton wanted to make sure that Jack was ok as we laid him down. She said to him, "Jack, you can get out of your bed anytime you want now. You just have to tell Mommy and Daddy that you had a bad dream!" All the while saying this with a devilish grin. I am curious, just how long has she been working us over?
Day 1:
"It's a snowman!" announced so proudly by Jack, as he is holding a pile of 25 wipes into a large ball.
Day 2:
"Mom, you know, these boogers are really starting to bother me! (Very large sneeze) See!" as they are hanging down her chin.
Day 3:
Afton - "I love you mommy, just because you are here."
Day 4:
Afton - "It's so cold in this freaking joint!" supporting my reoccurring claims to her daddy that seem to always go ignored.
Day 5:
"You want to play soccer ball with me sister? I am not mean anymore. I am nice. I am Batman."
Day 6:
Afton - "Is Daddy coming home today? Like at a normal time? (Pause and in deep thought) Oh no, it's not Christmas anymore."
Day 7:
Jack - "Mitch-o the mishmarry!" (It was hard to say good-bye to him!)
Day 8:
While working on a shape learning activity, Jack says completely bored out of his mind, "Mommy, can I please go play with my trains?"
Day 9:
Jack with a look of disgust while holding up one of Afton's Barbies, "Ooooh yuck! Her has on no panties!" (That is right Jack. Stay away from girls who wear no panties.)
Day 10:
Afton at Petsmart - "Can I have a fish? I am really responsible. I always take care of Jack and I haven't hurt any of my toys. I hurt Jack, but not all of the time. So please can I have a fish, or... maybe a monkey?"
Day 11:
Jack - "Uncle John needs me mom. Mitch-o is gone being a mishmarry. Uncle JOhn just needs me." (Needless to say, we went to visit Uncle John that night, along with Aunt Allison and Tanner Barnes, of course.
Day 12:
Afton - "Mom, I look soooo tall when I am naked," as she is waiting for the tub to fill up.
Day 13:
Afton - "Jesus wants me a for a sunbeam, so I better wear this bright shirt today."
Day 14:
Jack - "Mommy, I don't like my basketball hoop anymore."
Afton - "I do Jack. It is so fun."
Jack - "Ugggghhhhhhh; It's my favorite sister.'
Day 15:
Jack - "Sleeping time sister. Word World is over Mommy. I so tired!!!!!!!"
Day 16:
Afton - "I just knew Uncle John loved me."
Jack - "Why sister?"
Afton - "Because who would buy someone Disney on Ice tickets if they didn't love them?"
Jack - "Batman."
Day 17:
Jack - "I want some milk. No, I want juice. Wait, can I have some candy instead?"
Day 18:
Afton - "Can we please go the park? I am going crazy playing with these toys all day."
Jack - "I need to slide Mommy. I need to slide."
Day 19:
Afton - "I promise I don't need a nap mommy. Disney on Ice is today and I promise I won't be grumpy. Besides, how could I be grumpy when Cinderella is skating. Geeze mom." (Turns out, she didn't keep her promise.)
Photo: Can you tell which one of us didn't get a nap because she was too excited for Disney on Ice?
Day 20:
Afton - "I promise I will not pick my nose anymore, because I am a sunbeam."
Day 21:
Jack - "Mommy, is daddy at school?"
Me - "Yes."
Jack - "Forever?"
Day 22:
Jack - "Mom. Mom. Mom. Mooooommm. Moooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooommmmm!" Very similar to Stewy on Family Guy.
Day 23:
Jack - "Sister, will you play basketball with me?
Afton - "Jack, call me Katy Perry because I am wearing a beautiful dress and I sing so nice."
Jack - "Katy Perry, will you play basketball with me?
Afton - "I'll get dirty."
Day 24:
Afton - "We forgot to read our scriptures. Geeze. How many times do I have to tell you mom?"
Day 25:
Afton - "When I turn 4, I will be a princess dentist. Then I will go the park, go down some slides, and play on the swings. Should we check the mail?"  (RANDOMMMMMMMMMM!)
Day 26:
Jack - "I don't want to sit on Santa's lap." - Still traumatized.
Day 27:
(Before Church)
Afton - "Jack today is a church day. I am going to primary because I am a big girl. You are still in nursery. Are you having fun without me?"
Jack - "Yep."
Afton - "Well, next year you will be in primary with me because you will be a big boy. Then we can be together again."
Jack - "Yes! I love it sister!!!!!!" while jumping up and down.
(After Church)


Day 28: "Thank you bishop for crayons," says Jack!

Day 29: Jerk on a motorcycle cuts me off and I have to slam on my breaks...this conversation happens quickly after that in the back seat.
Jack: "Owe mom, you hurt my neck."
Afton: "Mommy had to stop so she didn't kill that dude.
J: "Dumb dude."
A: "That's why mommy says I can never date someone who rides one of those."
Me: "That's right girl."
Day 30: Afton says, "There must be a leak so I have to get to work mom. Oh and by the way, I plan on getting dirty."
Day 31:
Jack - Singing "I love my Daddy because he buys me a soccer ball. He kicks it to me. I love my daddy because he gives me candy."

1 comment: