Tuesday, January 1, 2013

The Best Laid Plans of Mice and Men often Go Awry

I had intentions to begin this blog back in September. I tried and failed. Unfortunately, I was not "tech savvy" enough to figure it out, despite the best efforts of my sweet niece, Angela. (Embarrassing to admit I lack computer skills that most of my old students had at the age of 8)

I tried again in October, with the help now from my sister-in-law, Allison. She helped me get it set up and ready to go. However, my personal drive and motivation (that I had in September) had left me.

My reasons for creating this blog were simple.

Reason 1. It is important to journal, and to be brutally honest,  I have always sucked at it. My sweet family was entering a new exciting stage in our lives and I knew that in years to come, I, along with the rest of my family, would want to look back on these memories with ease.

Reason 2. Daddy is going to be busy at school and will miss a lot of the fun things his sweet babies do each day. Since he was a stay at home daddy for some time, I knew this would provide him some comfort seeing what his babies are doing while he is hard at work learning how to be an exceptional dentist.

Reason 3. I am sure people are tired of seeing what I have my babies do on Facebook, so I can post it here for only people who are truly interested.

For Christmas, my sugar bought me a fancy new laptop so I could quit making excuses about my good intentions of blogging. From time to time, I will look back over the first semester of UNLV dental school and how we all survived those grueling 4 months. From the first day of school to completing 14 finals in 10 days. I will do my best to keep it interesting, funny, and sarcastic, just like me.

No comments:

Post a Comment