Wednesday, June 5, 2013

8 is Great Fireside

I've served in the Primary or Young Womens Programs in our church since I graduated from high school (Forever ago). My longest time in Relief Society (aka "Class for the Older Ladies Who Cry All the Time - my childhood interpretation) took place while I attended BYU, which was only for a year and a half. (I know, I am an idiot. I should have graduated from there, but oh well.)

Needless to say I have had a chance to participate in lot of fun things in both Primary and the Young Womens Programs throughout the years. One of my most favorite experiences was working on this special fireside. As a presidency, we wanted to make this a very memorable and informative fireside for our 7 little CTR 7 kids. This year they are getting the chance to get baptized and become a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and that is a very big deal. We wanted to show each of them how excited we are for them as a primary presidency, how proud their family is of them for the choice they are making, as well as, answer any questions they might have about the big day.

It was so fun!

 PROGRAM
Program with ALL of their names right on front.
"Look mom, my name is right on the front of this. Wow! That's never happened to me before."
 
MY TALK
I was excited to share my personal conversion and baptismal story with these sweet children along with their families. They especially loved the part when I told them that right after I was baptized, I ran into the bathroom, soaking wet, looked in the mirror and screamed, "I am a MORMON!"
I screamed it the same exact way in my talk.
They jumped.
I laughed.
 
REFRESHMENTS
Yummy donuts and cookies that can make an 8 on their plate!
(Don't judge the sweet silver tin. I forgot my other platter and there was NO TIME to run home. NO time!)
 
GIFTS
 I found these cute tags on Pinterest (DUH, along with the program template).
I'm excited for my girl and boy to turn 8, and get baptized just so I can use them again. :)
And of course for the simple fact that they are getting baptized.

 
 CTR 7 CLASS
 
SOOOOO glad I am able to serve as the 1st counselor in our ward Primary. These sweet little kids were so excited to get baptized before the fireside, but their excitement tripled after it was over.
 
 
"I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ
of Latter-Day Saints.
I know who I am.
I know God's plan.
I'll follow Him in faith.
I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ.
I'll honor His name. 
I'll do what is right; I'll follow His light.
His Truth I will proclaim."
Words and music: Janice Kapp Perry, b. 1938. (c) 1989 IRI

1 comment: