Tuesday, April 14, 2015

We Can Listen - FHE

These are actual statements made by my children from FHE last night. I need to write it down so that I can laugh about it later, and remember how stinking crazy/funny/ridiculous/awesome they were. However, I doubt they will ever change. :)


Opening Prayer by Jack - "Please bless this family home evening not to be boring and mostly fun because sometimes they really aren't." (Looks up at me and says, "Sorry Mom." Then, continues on with his prayer.)

Song - Oops I forgot one


Activity - We listened with our regular ears and helpful ears to listen to identify these specific sounds.

During the activity: Afton informs me, "Mom, these are so easy. I have perfect ears. I can hear everything because I have really great ears." 
My response, "Really, then how come Dad and I have to ask you many times to do certain things?" 
Afton, "Well, maybe because my ears just stop working somehow when you guys open your mouths."
Me, "I completely agree. This does seem to explain a lot."




After we checked all of their answers (5 out of 6 right/confused a grenade with lightning) we discussed why it is important to listen to your parents. They gave some great answers. Then we talked about why it is so important to listen to the Spirit. They had a harder time answering this question. Until, we watched this clip found on lds.org (Click below for direct link)



"We need to listen to the Spirit because it can help us make good choices. It can keep us safe too. Plus it helps us hear what our Heavenly Father wants us to do. So, yeah, that's why Mom." - Afton

"Oh yeah, but also because you told us to Mom and I am listening to you. See?" - Jack


Closing Song - "Can we just skip a song mom. I really want the treat and I am in charge of it. I am waiting so patient but come ON!!!!!!" So we did not do a song.

Closing Prayer by Afton- "Please bless us to be good listeners, especially Jack because he is having a hard time being reverent because all he is thinking about is donuts and he should have his eyes closed during prayer." 
"So should you, duh!" whispers Jack under his breath as Afton completed the prayer.


Treat - Donuts from Jack "These are worth listening to the lesson."





1 comment:

  1. Positive site, where did u come up with the information on this posting?I have read a few of the articles on your website now, and I really like your style. Thanks a million and please keep up the effective work. como hacer captura de pantalla

    ReplyDelete