Monday, July 2, 2018

Summer of

I try and have a theme for our summers. Imagine that.

And usually they're church oriented, mostly because our kids need a crap ton of practice at being Christlike. As do I.

But this year, instead of a "Summer of Service,"
we are doing something else.

For FHE, I gave the kids each a gift bag and said that what's inside will explain our "Summer of _____." They were intrigued. Because who isn't by a gift bag?

Then, I gave these index cards with clues on them. After each clue, they had to guess what they thought was our special summer theme.

Some of their guesses, were pretty outlandish. Which made this even more awesome for me as a parent. Jamaica? Disneyland? Come on! Get real babes.

They were still excited when they figured out that our clues spelled the word SCIENCE.

We had fun making a circle map of ideas while watching YouTube videos.

Afton without a doubt will ask to find more on pinterest tomorrow and Jack will ask hourly if we can do an experiment. Jocelyn will just want to play dress up in her lab coat. I'm looking forward to our "Summer of Science."

No comments:

Post a Comment